Chromebook with an Upside Down Screen
Fixing Chromebooks Screen Orientation
Note: this issue is tied to a student's account. You will need to be logged in as the student to repair this issue.
YouTube video with instructions linked at the bottom of the page. There are two methods to fix the Chromebooks orientation:
- Keyboard shortcut:
- Press the CTRL, Shift, and Refresh buttons at the same time — the Refresh button looks like circle with it's tail chasing itself and is located just above the 3 or 4 on your keyboard.
- In the pop-up, select "Continue."
- Keep pressing the keyboard combo until the screen is in the correct orientation
- Open the settings by clicking into the clock in the bottom-right corner of the screen and then selecting the gear icon.
- Select "Device" in the left sidebar.
- Choose "Displays."
- Click open the "Orientation" dropdown.
- Select "Default" or 0 degree to correct orientation
Article Updated: 9/16/2021 - YC
Was this article helpful?