Aeries Online Enrollment Using Scanners on Chromebook
Creating an Email Account
- After signing into the Chromebook using the SCESD Parent account, the Aeries Online Enrollment splash page (https://www.salinascityesd.org/domain/134) will automatically open in Chrome.
- An active email is required before proceeding to Online Enrollment. If the parent does not have an active email address, there are (2) options listed for them to create an email address: Yahoo or Outlook. Clicking on either links will open a new tab for the parent to create an email.
- If the parent does have an email address, you may proceed to Aeries Online Enrollment using the link.
Scanning, Uploading, and Deleting a Document
Scanning and Upload Documents
Please follow these instructions once you've arrived to the Document Uploads tab of Aeries Online Enrollment:
- To begin scanning, open up the ScanSnap app pinned to the dock of the Chromebook
- Once the Scan icon turns blue, it has connected to the scanner
- Feed the document face-down and head-first into the scanner and press the Blue Scan button
- On the Chromebook, you will see it is retrieving the file
- Once the file loaded completely, switch back to Chrome (pinned to the dock of the Chromebook)
- Select Upload Documents…
- In the pop-up window, in the left-hand navigation, drop-down Play Files > Documents and select the ScanSnap folder
- You will see the document you just scanned saved in this folder. You can confirm with the time-stamp of the file
- Select the document then click Open
- Repeat Step 4 for all other documents that need to be uploaded as well.
Please follow these instructions once the parent has submitted their Online Enrollment application:
- At the bottom-left of the screen, open up Launcher (circle icon)
- In the search-bar, type in Files and select the app from the list
- Using the left-hand navigation, drop-down Play Files > Documents and select the ScanSnap folder
- Using your keyboard, press CTRL + A to select all of the documents
- At the top-right, select the Trash icon to delete
Article Updated 02/10/23 by YC
Was this article helpful?